i don't know how to pronounce the name of the town.
which of these three pronunciations is the most usual?
his pronunciation is improving.
(1) he _______ these words clearly just now.
(2) her _______ is excellent.
(3) there are two different _______ of this word.
(4) people _______ the word differently in this part of the country.
◆作形容词，意为“有耐心的”，短语be patient with sb.意为“对某人有耐心”。
(1) the teacher is kind and _______ with young children. ( )
(2) the doctor has several _______ waiting to see him. ( )
(3) we have lost all _______ with him. ( )
(4) she is one of dr. liu's _______. ( )
(5) don't be so _______! the bus will be here soon. ( )
【链接】look at 看； look for 寻找；look after 照顾； look out 当心，小心；look around 四处看看； look through 浏览； look like 看起来像
(1) —tim, we're going to beijing for vacation. please ______ some information online.
a. look at b. look out
c. look after d. look up
(2) —what's the meaning of “one belt and one road”?
—let me ______ the words in the new dictionary.
a. look at b. look for
c. look after d. look up
(3) 4g internet makes it possible for us to ______ the information easily and quickly.
a. look like b. look after
c. look around d. look through
作动词，意为“出生”，与其相关的短语有：①be born in +某地 (出生于某地)； ②be born in / on +时间 (出生于某时)；③be born with (天生具有)；④be born into ... (出生于……的家庭)；⑤be born of / to ... (生身父母是……)。
(1) she was born _______ a very musical family.
(2) the writer was born _______ 1850.
(3) she was born _______ american parents.
(4) the child was born _______ a weak heart.
意为“注意；关注”，与其相关的短语有：①pay attention to，其中to是介词，后面可接名词、动词-ing形式等；②turn one's attention to sth. (转移某人的注意力到某事上)；③catch / draw one's attention to sth. (让某人注意某物)。
she didn't _______ _______ _______ _______ _______.
please _______ _______ _______ _______ your books on time.
该句中too ... to ... 结构不是表示“太……而不能……”，句中it是形式主语，不定式短语to understand spoken english是真正的主语。此句型结构为“it's +adj. (+for sb.)+ to do sth.”意为“(对某人来说)做某事是……的”。本课中还出现了此句型结构，如it is not enough to just study hard。注意该句也不是 ... enough to ... (足够……能……)的句型。
【链接】it还可作形式宾语，如本课中句子why did wei fen find it difficult to learn english?
(1) —mario, your mobile phone is ringing.
—wait a minute. it's dangerous for us ______ it while crossing the street.
a. answering b. to answer c. answer d. answered
(2) it's necessary for you ______ the classroom clean, class.
a. keep b. keeping c. to keep
(3) do you think ______ acceptable (可接受的) for a group of women to dance to loud music on the square near your house?
a. it b. that c. this d. its
(4) the chinese government has made ______ possible for people to live happy lives.
a. that b. this c. it